-   -   Shape Captions/Labels (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/432491-shape-captions-labels.html)

SpaceCamel

Shape Captions/Labels

I plot many small shapes (markers) on a sheet which I need to label.
Is there any way to get the TextFrame for the shape to extend beyond the
shapes borders? Is there any other way to do this? I was hoping not to have
to add additional shapes just for the label.

Thanks,

Peter T

Shape Captions/Labels

If I understand what you are asking, no. If you want a label (textbox) on
the outside it does mean an additional shape. You might also want a
Connector to link them, so three shapes!

Not sure if Callouts might be of any use to you.

Regards,
Peter T