-   -   populate a drop down list with commands (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/432441-re-populate-drop-down-list-commands.html)

sjbegley

populate a drop down list with commands

Can ANYBODY help me with this please? I am really struggling with it.

I am not sure if this makes any difference but the source cell contains the
=SUM formula at the bottom of column of values. It's the sum value I want
to process with commands A and B; Command C would signify a not applicable
command.

I have worked out how to build a list from list validation but I can't get
any further...

HELP!

"sjbegley" wrote:

I would like to populate a drop down list with commands.

Command A - return the sum of a specified cell
Command B - return the sum of a specified cell and double its value (x2)
Command C - return "N/A"

We only need to specify two cells (the source and the result) but it is the
coding and the functions that are unfathomable for me.

Please assume I know nothing about VB or VBA - you won't be far wrong!

Thanks