-   -   Is there an equivalent function? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/432338-there-equivalent-function.html)

Ayo

Is there an equivalent function?

I am trying to sum up a column base on the conditions in 2 other columns. I
know Excel 2007 has SUMIFS(), but I need something that is equivalent for
Excel 2003. I used SUMPRODUCT before, but that is just to count numbers based
on more than 2 conditions.
Most of the people that will be using this file still have Excel 2003, that
is why I need something compatable to 2003.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Bernie Deitrick

Is there an equivalent function?

Ayo,

In general:

= SUMPRODUCT((Range1=Cond1)*(Range2=Cond2)*(Range3))

where Range 3 has the numbers to sum.

Each of the ranges must have the same number of rows or columns.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Ayo" wrote in message
I am trying to sum up a column base on the conditions in 2 other columns. I
know Excel 2007 has SUMIFS(), but I need something that is equivalent for
Excel 2003. I used SUMPRODUCT before, but that is just to count numbers based
on more than 2 conditions.
Most of the people that will be using this file still have Excel 2003, that
is why I need something compatable to 2003.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jacob Skaria

Is there an equivalent function?

You can use SUMPRODUCT() to sum

To sum c based on conditions in A and B

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10=D1),--(B1:B10=D2),C1:C10)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Ayo" wrote:

I am trying to sum up a column base on the conditions in 2 other columns. I
know Excel 2007 has SUMIFS(), but I need something that is equivalent for
Excel 2003. I used SUMPRODUCT before, but that is just to count numbers based
on more than 2 conditions.
Most of the people that will be using this file still have Excel 2003, that
is why I need something compatable to 2003.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ayo

Is there an equivalent function?

Thanks Bernie.

"Ayo" wrote in message
I am trying to sum up a column base on the conditions in 2 other columns. I
know Excel 2007 has SUMIFS(), but I need something that is equivalent for
Excel 2003. I used SUMPRODUCT before, but that is just to count numbers based
on more than 2 conditions.
Most of the people that will be using this file still have Excel 2003, that
is why I need something compatable to 2003.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ayo

Is there an equivalent function?