-   -   Range row Address. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/432330-range-row-address.html)

Heera

Range row Address.

Hi All,

I have a problem and here it is.

For example I have selected a range i.e A10:A19 in excel.

I want A10 as my start point and A19 as my end point in excel
basically I want the start row number and the end row number so that I
can write a procedure in VBA as mentioned below.

Dim Spoint as integer
Dim Epoint as integer

Spoint = 10
Epoint = 19

I tried working around with the below mentioned code but I am not able
come at a solution.

ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address(False, False)

Regards
Heera

Sam Wilson

Range row Address.

Sub test()

Dim rng As Range
Set rng = Selection

Dim spt As Integer
Dim ept As Integer

spt = rng.Cells(1, 1).Row
ept = spt + rng.Rows.Count - 1

MsgBox "Starts: " & spt
MsgBox "End: " & ept

End Sub

"Heera" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a problem and here it is.

For example I have selected a range i.e A10:A19 in excel.

I want A10 as my start point and A19 as my end point in excel
basically I want the start row number and the end row number so that I
can write a procedure in VBA as mentioned below.

Dim Spoint as integer
Dim Epoint as integer

Spoint = 10
Epoint = 19

I tried working around with the below mentioned code but I am not able
come at a solution.

ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address(False, False)

Regards
Heera

Rob Wills

Range row Address.

Can you not use the Range object?

Dim rng as Range

For each rng in selection
'Do whatever you want here
loop

HTH
Rob
"Heera" wrote:

Hi All,

I have a problem and here it is.

For example I have selected a range i.e A10:A19 in excel.

I want A10 as my start point and A19 as my end point in excel
basically I want the start row number and the end row number so that I
can write a procedure in VBA as mentioned below.

Dim Spoint as integer
Dim Epoint as integer

Spoint = 10
Epoint = 19

I tried working around with the below mentioned code but I am not able
come at a solution.

ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address(False, False)

Regards
Heera

Bernie Deitrick

Range row Address.

Heera,

Dim Spoint As Long
Dim Epoint As Long

Spoint = Selection.Cells(1).Row
Epoint = Selection.Cells(Selection.Cells.Count).Row

Or you could simply use:

Dim myC As Range

For Each myC In Selection
'do stuff to/with myC
Next myC

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Heera" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a problem and here it is.

For example I have selected a range i.e A10:A19 in excel.

I want A10 as my start point and A19 as my end point in excel
basically I want the start row number and the end row number so that I
can write a procedure in VBA as mentioned below.

Dim Spoint as integer
Dim Epoint as integer

Spoint = 10
Epoint = 19

I tried working around with the below mentioned code but I am not able
come at a solution.

ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address(False, False)

Regards
Heera

Heera

Range row Address.

thanks lot....you are great.............