-   -   subtotaling a column based on three others (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/432286-subtotaling-column-based-three-others.html)

childofthe1980s

subtotaling a column based on three others

Hello:

I have a list of inventory items. Column A has the Item, column B has the
Item Lot Number, column C has the Expiration Date, and column D has the
Quantity.

I want to subtotal the Quantity column for records that have the same Item,
Item Lot Number, and Expiration Date. In other words, I need to subtotal
column D based on A,B, and C. I am using Excel 2003.

childofthe1980s

Don Guillett

subtotaling a column based on three others

try this where you put the date in cell f1
=sumproduct((a2:a22="itemname")*(b2:b22=12)*(c2:c2 2=f1)*d2:d22)
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"childofthe1980s" wrote in
message ...
Hello:

I have a list of inventory items. Column A has the Item, column B has the
Item Lot Number, column C has the Expiration Date, and column D has the
Quantity.

I want to subtotal the Quantity column for records that have the same
Item,
Item Lot Number, and Expiration Date. In other words, I need to subtotal
column D based on A,B, and C. I am using Excel 2003.

childofthe1980s

childofthe1980s

subtotaling a column based on three others

Thanks, Don. Actually, the way I'm going to do it is to concatenate the
three columns, sort on the concatenated column, and do a subtotal based on it.

Thanks, though, for chiming in!!!

childofthe1980s

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Gee, that sounds like fun.