-   -   Protection in code? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/432226-protection-code.html)

Derrick

Protection in code?

hi
i am trying to set up protection settings in code, where it will unprotect
... do the calcs.. then protect

my question involves settings . .. i set up protection settings so that i
can format columns, but when i run my macro, it automatically has its own
settings and i cannot format the columns anymore..
right now, my code looks like

Sheets("Vertical").Unprotect or Protect

what can i write to allow me to format columns?

thanks

Derrick

Protection in code?

nevermind. i found out how to do it - after .Protect write
"AllowFormattingcolumns:=True"