-   -   DTPicker stopped working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/432145-dtpicker-stopped-working.html)

Michael R

DTPicker stopped working

Following the Rick Rothstein instructions from 6/4/2009 I got the DTPicker to
work a couple of days ago.

Today I went back into that workbook and on executing the control got an
error "424 Object required".

Not very experienced developer as I am, I thought for whatever reason the
control will have "got lost" so I will re-introduce it to the sheet.

When pulling the control back onto the sheet I get "Cannot insert object".

What' happening? Where did it all go wrong? How can I get it to work today
and everyday in the future?

Crowbar via OfficeKB.com

DTPicker stopped working

I've had trouble with DTpicker before

This usually resolves the issue for me:

Open your workbook and go to the vb editor (alt+f11)

make your userform visible

Is your dtpicker there?

if not, open the toolbox (where you can pick your commandbutton and other
bits)

is your dtpicker there?

if not right click the toolbox and select additional controls

you need to scroll down and select microsoft dtpicker control 6(sp4)

put it back on the userform

You then need to make sure you add it to the references

on the menu bar at the top pick toolsreferences

Make sure you have microsofts windows common controls 2 6.0 (sp6) selected

if its not on the list you need to press browse and pick the file in lacation:

c:\windows\system32\mscomct2.ocx

If all the above doesnt work then I cant help you

Regards

Anthony

http://www.apofficesolutions.com

--