-   -   Upload Excel data to web service (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/432050-upload-excel-data-web-service.html)

Hiran de Silva[_3_]

Upload Excel data to web service

Hi,

I usually setup users to upload data from Excel to SQL2005 via ADO
with VBA - going row by row firing off an INSERT on each row. Ok.

I am now looking at changing this to uploading to a web service (then
to SQL2005), that I will create with .NET.

My general question is, can the whole block of data be uploaded 'in
bulk' rather than row by row? I'm thinking, can the block of data be
an object that can be passed to the web service 'elegantly'?

Can someone point me to the steps please? A tutorial? Or main topics I
should read about?

Thanks!