Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to calculate the number of non-zero cells in range?

Your solution is NOT working, if a cell contains a formula!

So if a cell contains e.g.=SUM(A5:A15) then is cell is non-blank and
counts as 1. But this is not intended.

If the formula evaluates to 0 then this cell should NOT count.
I need a solution which evaluates any possibly existing formulas at
first and then checks if the cell is non-blank/non-zero.

Any other solutions than COUNTA() for this task?

Claudia

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:35:59 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca
wrote:

COUNTA will count all non-blank cells............text or numeric.

COUNT will count all numeric cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 28 Jul 2009 21:30:25 GMT, (Claudia d'Amato)
wrote:

I would like to count the number of non-zero (=non-blank) cells in a range (say D9:D30).

How can I do this with an Excel formula ?

Claudia