-   -   Insert Column based on data in Row. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/431969-insert-column-based-data-row.html)

Dow

Insert Column based on data in Row.

I was unable to find the answer to this question. I know it is out
there but for some reason my search results are not providing what I
need lately.

I have a spreadsheet that varies in the number of columns (A through
Whatever). I want to use VBA to look at Row 2 and anywhere it says a
word or phrase (let's say "happy summer") I want to be able to insert
another column.

For example if D2 says "happy summer" I want to insert a column on F
and if, if B2 says "happy summer" I would want to insert a column on
C.

Any thoughts out there? You guys and gals are always very helpful.

Thank you,

Dow.

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

Insert Column based on data in Row.

Is there any logic with which to determine where to insert a column if the
specified data is in some other column? Do you have a list of texts to look
for or just one? HTH Otto
"Dow" wrote in message
I was unable to find the answer to this question. I know it is out
there but for some reason my search results are not providing what I
need lately.

I have a spreadsheet that varies in the number of columns (A through
Whatever). I want to use VBA to look at Row 2 and anywhere it says a
word or phrase (let's say "happy summer") I want to be able to insert
another column.

For example if D2 says "happy summer" I want to insert a column on F
and if, if B2 says "happy summer" I would want to insert a column on
C.

Any thoughts out there? You guys and gals are always very helpful.

Thank you,

Dow.

Dow

Insert Column based on data in Row.

On Aug 3, 3:50*pm, "Otto Moehrbach"
wrote:
[...]

Dow.- Hide quoted text -

At this time it is just the one text "happy summer". If I choose to
add more I think I know how to do that with named ranges based on a
previous workbook I built.

At this time the data will be in row 2 without exception. The columns
can vary from 5 to 70+. The logic should be - If row 2 Column X
(Columns will vary and there will be more than one of them with the
required text) says "happy summer" insert column on the next position
or Y in this case.

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

Insert Column based on data in Row.

This little macro will look in all the entries in row 2, and if the entry is
"happy summer", it will insert a new blank column immediately to the right.
HTH Otto
Sub InsertColumns()
Dim rRow2 As Range
Dim c As Long
Set rRow2 = Range("A2", Cells(2, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft))
For c = rRow2.Count To 1 Step -1
If rRow2(c) = "happy summer" Then
rRow2(c + 1).EntireColumn.Insert
End If