-   -   Range Value Assignment Failure in Event Proc (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/431945-range-value-assignment-failure-event-proc.html)

Scheel

Range Value Assignment Failure in Event Proc

A 3rd-party component I use in Excel VBA is talking to a data service. It
fires lots of events that are caught in a class event proc I wrote. That
proc formulates a range reference and makes a range.value = quote.last
assignment. The assignment throws an error that suggests the range name is
invalid or nothing. But, that is not so. If I interrogate range.address in
Immediate, the address is correctly shown.

This error is sporadic, and occurs well under 1% of the event handler entries.

Can anyone think of what might cause this relatively infrequent assignment
error? BTW, a set statement like "set MyName=ws.name("abc")" also throws the
same error. It, too, is an infrequent occurrence.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
--
-wcs