-   -   Pausing a macro during execution (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/431856-pausing-macro-during-execution.html)

Scott

Pausing a macro during execution

I have a macro that moves some objects around on a spreadsheet to
simulate a process. It has a start and stop time it is set to run.
What I would like to do is be able to hit the ESC or some other hey
while the macro(s) are processing, it would stop where it is at and
then if I hit the button again it would continue. I dont want the VB
message box that says "code execution has been interrupted" to pop up
and take me to the VB editor.
I just want a simple pause. I am thinking there has to be some way to
look for key stokes and then if a certian one is encountered be able
to pause until it is hit again.

Thanks
Scott RIddle

Jim Thomlinson

Pausing a macro during execution

This is not exactly what you are looking for but it is close. Hitting the Esc
key will pause execution...

Public Sub PauseMacroIsh()
Dim lng As Long

Application.EnableCancelKey = xlErrorHandler
On Error GoTo ErrorCleanUp
For lng = 1 To 100000
Application.StatusBar = lng
Next lng