-   -   Customizing row color (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/431521-customizing-row-color.html)

jack

Customizing row color

Hi,
I need to have an excel worksheet where the first row is yellow, the second
is green, the third red and the forth white. Then I need to repeat these
through the worksheet. The columns are between A and F. I am new to excel
programming. How does one approach this issue. I appreciate any help for
resolution. Thanks.

Patrick Molloy

Customizing row color

as you only have three colors, you can use Conditional Formatting

use forrmula is and set these to

1) =MOD(ROW(),4)=1 set pattern to pastel yellow
2) =MOD(ROW(),4)=2 set pattern to pastel green
3) =MOD(ROW(),4)=3 set pattern to pastel red

white is the default

"Jack" wrote in message
I need to have an excel worksheet where the first row is yellow, the
second
is green, the third red and the forth white. Then I need to repeat these
through the worksheet. The columns are between A and F. I am new to excel
programming. How does one approach this issue. I appreciate any help for
resolution. Thanks.

jack

Customizing row color

Thanks Patrick for your help. I have put the first formula succesfully in the
formula section. This took care of the first color. How would I put the rest
two formulas. Thanks.

"Jack" wrote in message
I need to have an excel worksheet where the first row is yellow, the
second
is green, the third red and the forth white. Then I need to repeat these
through the worksheet. The columns are between A and F. I am new to excel
programming. How does one approach this issue. I appreciate any help for
resolution. Thanks.

Rick Rothstein

Customizing row color

Press the Add button on the Conditional Formatting dialog box.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Jack" wrote in message
I need to have an excel worksheet where the first row is yellow, the
second
is green, the third red and the forth white. Then I need to repeat
these
through the worksheet. The columns are between A and F. I am new to
excel
programming. How does one approach this issue. I appreciate any help
for
resolution. Thanks.

jack

Customizing row color

Thanks Rick for your help. When I added twice and put the formula as per
Patrick and then clicked ok nothing else changed except for the color pattern
I already had. When I went back to the conditional formatting I saw that the
added patterns have disappeared. May be I need to save the spreadsheet. Any
thoughts

"Jack" wrote in message
I need to have an excel worksheet where the first row is yellow, the
second
is green, the third red and the forth white. Then I need to repeat
these
through the worksheet. The columns are between A and F. I am new to
excel
programming. How does one approach this issue. I appreciate any help
for
resolution. Thanks.

jack

Customizing row color