-   -   How to make an excel macro go to a cell a choose value from list? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/431103-how-make-excel-macro-go-cell-choose-value-list.html)

Tyron

How to make an excel macro go to a cell a choose value from list?

I'm trying to "reset" a form using a macro. I can make the macro go to a cell
and make it zero. However, I also need the macro to go to other cells that
have drop down menus (used data validation) and choose a value from the menu.
This does not work. In fact, if I go to edit, the whole menue thing does not
"translate" into code. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Dave Peterson

How to make an excel macro go to a cell a choose value from list?

You can assign any value you want to that cell with data|validation:

with activesheet
.range("a1").value = 0
.range("B1").clearcontents
.range("C1").value = "some value in that dropdown list"
End with

--

Dave Peterson