-   -   Combine contents of a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/430957-combine-contents-column.html)

Patrick C. Simonds

Combine contents of a column

This is what I would like to do, could someone tell me if it is possible.

I have 4 worksheets, in column B of 3 of those worksheets the user enters
names of clients. On the 4th worksheet I would like to create a list of each
unique name ( so if there were 5 instances of Bill Smith I would like it
listed once) based upon the contents of column B of the first 3 worksheets..

Barb Reinhardt

Combine contents of a column

You can do this fairly easily with a pivot table, or do you want a VBA
solution?

"Patrick C. Simonds" wrote:

This is what I would like to do, could someone tell me if it is possible.

I have 4 worksheets, in column B of 3 of those worksheets the user enters
names of clients. On the 4th worksheet I would like to create a list of each
unique name ( so if there were 5 instances of Bill Smith I would like it
listed once) based upon the contents of column B of the first 3 worksheets..

Patrick C. Simonds

Combine contents of a column

I think that a Pivot Table might be the way to go. Having never used the
Pivot Table feature I will have to do a little research on how to do that.