-   -   Conditional formatting using text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/430785-conditional-formatting-using-text.html)

Nic Daniels

Conditional formatting using text

Hi,

I want to change the background color of cell A1 (A2 etc) into red if the
cell next to it, B1 (B2 etc.) contains any text whatsoever. How do I do that?

--
Kind regards, Nic

Jacob Skaria

Conditional formatting using text

Select Column A. From menu FormatConditional FormattingCondition1Formula Is

=ISTEXT(B1)

and select the color Red....Click OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Nic Daniels" wrote:

Hi,

I want to change the background color of cell A1 (A2 etc) into red if the
cell next to it, B1 (B2 etc.) contains any text whatsoever. How do I do that?

--
Kind regards, Nic

Nic Daniels

Conditional formatting using text