-   -   data validation in excel user form (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/430766-data-validation-excel-user-form.html)

Sam

data validation in excel user form

Hi All,

I have a user form with multiple text fields accepting numeric values,
character values, mix of numbers and alphabets, decimal values, etc.
How can I mark certain fields in user form to accept just the numbers,
alphabets, etc.

Thanks in Advance.

OssieMac

data validation in excel user form

Hi Sam,

Need code to validate the entries. However, need a spec for each textbox
before writing the code. Spec info required.

Name of each textbox with following info.
Valid characters. (All numeric, all alpha, numeric/alpha)
If numeric/alpha is it a set number of numeric and alpha or random.
If random are all alpha together and all numeric together or mixed.
Describe set numeric/alpha as ####@@@@@ (for 4 numeric and 5 alpha.)
Alpha characters (if Uppercase,Lowercase or does not matter)

OssieMac

Sam

data validation in excel user form

Thanks for the help OssieMac,

Can you show me an example of just numeric and just alpha?

Lets say the Text box Name is FirstName and for numeric CellPhone. Can I not
do it through the properties of a field from the user form?

Thanks in Advance