-   -   coverting all *txt files in a folder to formatted .xls files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/430744-coverting-all-%2Atxt-files-folder-formatted-xls-files.html)

Adrian

coverting all *txt files in a folder to formatted .xls files

I have limited experience of macros and I am looking for some help to
automate the following process.

I would like to take a number of *txt files in a folder and convert them
into formatted .xls files in the same location, the delimeter in the files
varies however.

Can anyone help ?
--
Adrian

ryguy7272

coverting all *txt files in a folder to formatted .xls files

Look he
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm

This is a batch processing macro. You will have to change the text in red
to do what you actually want to do.

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Adrian" wrote:

I have limited experience of macros and I am looking for some help to
automate the following process.

I would like to take a number of *txt files in a folder and convert them
into formatted .xls files in the same location, the delimeter in the files
varies however.

Can anyone help ?
--
Adrian

Adrian

coverting all *txt files in a folder to formatted .xls files

Thanks Ron but this doesn't do quiet what I had in mind I would like to take
all of the .txt files in a folder and convert them to formatted workbooks and
save them back to the original source. The code you supplied probably could
have done that but it was too far off for me to modify with my limited
knowledge.
--
Adrian