-   -   event before open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/430346-event-before-open.html)

Jay

event before open

good morning everyone, Thanks for all your prior answers, I have learned a
lot. Anyway, I have a rather large workbook that upon opening will take about
a minute to update. I want to set up a message box that will open and tell
the user not to update before Excel asks the user to update or don't update.
thanks for your assistance. J
Cheers!

Howard31

event before open

Hi Jay

If what you mean by a long time to update is because of a procedure the
workbook is executing upon oppening, then you should create a userform with a
message that shows that the workbook is updating, in open event put the
following code in the first line:

UserForm1.Label1.Caption = "The workbook is now updating"
UserForm1.Show vbModeless

In the last line put the code:

UserForm1.Label1.Caption = "Updating complete"
Userform1.Show
--
Howard31

"Jay" wrote:

good morning everyone, Thanks for all your prior answers, I have learned a
lot. Anyway, I have a rather large workbook that upon opening will take about
a minute to update. I want to set up a message box that will open and tell
the user not to update before Excel asks the user to update or don't update.
thanks for your assistance. J
Cheers!

Jay

event before open