-   -   Get data from web (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/430242-get-data-web.html)

[email protected]

Get data from web

How would you lookup info from a web site from inside excel?

If someone has any code already working I could just tweak it to get
what I need provided it doesn;t need drastically different things.
About all I know about VBA is how to paste and run a macro. I know how
to program math stuff, but this stuff has a lot of predetermined
variables you need to keep track of. I know a bit how to play with
HTML except now they get fancier with POST vs GET and Java. ANd I
would need to search for the data in the returned results. I guess I
could do that with SED.

- = -
http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

smartin

Get data from web

wrote:
How would you lookup info from a web site from inside excel?

If someone has any code already working I could just tweak it to get
what I need provided it doesn;t need drastically different things.
About all I know about VBA is how to paste and run a macro. I know how
to program math stuff, but this stuff has a lot of predetermined
variables you need to keep track of. I know a bit how to play with
HTML except now they get fancier with POST vs GET and Java. ANd I
would need to search for the data in the returned results. I guess I
could do that with SED.

The core web query call should not be difficult to figure out. Building
your application around it will be the biggest part of your work.

Try recording a macro as you run the web query tool, then inspect the
code it creates. You will find there are only one or two things you need
to handle that are "hard-coded" by the macro recorder.

Post back if you get stuck!