-   -   Pull login time and windows username (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/430237-pull-login-time-windows-username.html)

BOSS

Pull login time and windows username

Hi,

I already have a code which pulls windows username

Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA"
(ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long

Function UserNameWindows() As String
Dim lngLen As Long
Dim strBuffer As String

Const dhcMaxUserName = 255

strBuffer = Space(dhcMaxUserName)
lngLen = dhcMaxUserName
If CBool(GetUserName(strBuffer, lngLen)) Then
UserNameWindows = Left$(strBuffer, lngLen - 1)
Else
UserNameWindows = ""
End If

End Function

How can i also trap the login time in the excel cell... anyideas...
Please help... Thanks
Boss

BOSS

Pull login time and windows username

Hi,

By login time i mean the windows login time and not the excel open time. Thx!

Boss

"Boss" wrote:

Hi,

I already have a code which pulls windows username

Private Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA"
(ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long

Function UserNameWindows() As String
Dim lngLen As Long
Dim strBuffer As String

Const dhcMaxUserName = 255

strBuffer = Space(dhcMaxUserName)
lngLen = dhcMaxUserName
If CBool(GetUserName(strBuffer, lngLen)) Then
UserNameWindows = Left$(strBuffer, lngLen - 1)
Else
UserNameWindows = ""
End If

End Function

How can i also trap the login time in the excel cell... anyideas...
Please help... Thanks
Boss

EricG

Pull login time and windows username

I found an example showing how to gather user information on Karl Peterson's
site:

http://vb.mvps.org/samples/NetUser/

Might require some tweaking for your purposes.

HTH,

Eric

"Boss" wrote:

[...]

Here's a nice long thread discussing the topic:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...ime-of-th.aspx

"Boss" wrote:

[...]

Thanks a lot for your hepl... i would probably solved the issue now... Thx!