-   -   Probably simple (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/430054-probably-simple.html)

Carlos

Probably simple

Hi,

Simple code I'm sure, I just can't get my head round it.

I've a number a worksheets that could be added in any order, I need to
extract the sheet which has a name starting with "ilo" and rename it to
whatever I want.

If Worksheet.Name Is Left("ilo", 3) Then
ws.Activate
Exit Sub
End If

This is what I'm working with, Can anyone amend so I can get this changed?

Thanks
Carl

Mike H

Probably simple

Hi,

Maybe this

Sub nn()
Dim ws As Worksheet
If Left(ws.Name, 3) = "ilo" Then
ws.Name = "MyName"
Exit Sub
End If
Next ws
End Sub

Mike

"Carlos" wrote:

Hi,

Simple code I'm sure, I just can't get my head round it.

I've a number a worksheets that could be added in any order, I need to
extract the sheet which has a name starting with "ilo" and rename it to
whatever I want.

If Worksheet.Name Is Left("ilo", 3) Then
ws.Activate
Exit Sub
End If

This is what I'm working with, Can anyone amend so I can get this changed?

Thanks
Carl

Rick Rothstein

Probably simple

Another If..Then test possibility is this...

If ws.Name Like "ilo*" Then

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Mike H" wrote in message

Maybe this

Sub nn()
Dim ws As Worksheet
If Left(ws.Name, 3) = "ilo" Then
ws.Name = "MyName"
Exit Sub
End If
Next ws
End Sub

Mike

"Carlos" wrote:

Hi,

Simple code I'm sure, I just can't get my head round it.

I've a number a worksheets that could be added in any order, I need to
extract the sheet which has a name starting with "ilo" and rename it to
whatever I want.

If Worksheet.Name Is Left("ilo", 3) Then
ws.Activate
Exit Sub
End If

This is what I'm working with, Can anyone amend so I can get this
changed?

Thanks
Carl

Carlos

Probably simple

Thanks Mike, Patrick,

That's done the trick, Much appricated for the quick response

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Maybe this

Sub nn()