-   -   Distinguish between Windows Xp and Windows Vista (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/429725-distinguish-between-windows-xp-windows-vista.html)

ARbitOUR[_17_]

Distinguish between Windows Xp and Windows Vista

Damn!!!! This forum has been SOOO helpful in the past...I'll be sure to
donate to this site when I make it big..LOL

Anyways, I desperately need code that will determine the operating
system that is used by the end-user. I don't need the version number
returned as a value but purely an indication of which operating system
is in use - especially whether it is Windows XP or Windows Vista (the
service pack is irrelevant).

For interests' sake, the reason I need to distinguish between the two /
various operating systems is that I use SendKeys to navigate the menus
of MS Paint and the menu layouts of MS Paint for XP is not exactly the
same as that of MS Paint shipped with Vista. Obviously I will be using
IF statements to indicate the procedure to follow dependant on the
Operating system in use... Any help? Anyone? ? THX IN ADVANCE!

--
ARbitOUR
ARbitOUR's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=254