Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combinations

Hi,

I have about 200 numbers in a column. I need to find all the possible
additions which are possible using those numbers. My final aim is to match
the answers with some other data.

I did a lot of search in google but failed. please help.

Thanks!
Boss
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

This isn't clear, you want all possible conbinations of 200 numbers but how
may do you want in each number set? what do you want them to add up to?

Mike

"Boss" wrote:

Hi,

I have about 200 numbers in a column. I need to find all the possible
additions which are possible using those numbers. My final aim is to match
the answers with some other data.

I did a lot of search in google but failed. please help.

Thanks!
Boss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are 2^200 combinations there, which is 1.6 * 10^60...

whatever you're going to do with the result set is going to cause problems
because of its size. Even if you compare 1000 of your results against a
number a second it's going to take 1.6 * 10^50 seconds, which is millions and
millions of years.

You'd have to limit the number of possible constituents of the sum, say 5
and have 5 loops in your code to work out all combinations of 5 or less
numbers.

Sam