-   -   Excel addin (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/429398-excel-addin.html)

William Wolfe

Excel addin

I am trying to open an excel addin with the extension .xla. I am running
Office 2007. I get the following error message "Opening the VBA project in
this file requires a component that is not currently installed. This file
will be opened without the VBA project. For more information, search
Microsoft Office Online for "VBA converters"". I can find nothing online
with this search term. Advise??

Homey

Excel addin

make sure vba installed. run office setup and see if it selekted in 'shared
features'.

"William Wolfe" wrote in message
|I am trying to open an excel addin with the extension .xla. I am running
| Office 2007. I get the following error message "Opening the VBA project
in
| this file requires a component that is not currently installed. This file
| will be opened without the VBA project. For more information, search
| Microsoft Office Online for "VBA converters"". I can find nothing online
| with this search term. Advise??

Homey

Excel addin

make sure vba installed. run office setup and see if it selekted in 'shared
features'.

"William Wolfe" wrote in message
|I am trying to open an excel addin with the extension .xla. I am running
| Office 2007. I get the following error message "Opening the VBA project
in
| this file requires a component that is not currently installed. This file
| will be opened without the VBA project. For more information, search
| Microsoft Office Online for "VBA converters"". I can find nothing online
| with this search term. Advise??

William Wolfe

Excel addin

Yes - VBA is insatlled. I have the Developer tab on the tool bar and can
open VBA.

What's next?