-   -   Spliting Data into Months (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/429000-spliting-data-into-months.html)

caveman.savant

Spliting Data into Months

Perhaps this is something I should do with VB
I have a messy txt file that should be cleaned up
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...2g-563DPeygSKw
The 1st line is fairly simple to mid-string out what I need.
But what comes next is the hard part.
I would to take each cell and separate the "data"
Apr '09 0.0000 Jul '08 1.0000 Oct
'07 2.0000 Jan '07 0.0000 Yr 1 avg :
1.3333
This would mean
04/09 0
07/08 1
10/07 2
01/07 0
(the Yr 1 avg : 1.3333 is meaningless)
Then I would continue down to the next cell and do the same until I
reached the cell the is the "header"
Once I have this chunk of data converted I have to probably to a
column to row conversion and sort it into date order.

Don Guillett

Spliting Data into Months

You should pick your group to post in and ONLY post in ONE group.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel