-   -   Selecting different Worksheets from a Loop (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/428803-selecting-different-worksheets-loop.html)

ironhydroxide

Selecting different Worksheets from a Loop

I am trying to select worksheets within a Loop function where the worksheet
changes every time. I thought one could use a String in place of the
Worksheets("worksheet name")
But apparently i am wrong because i get a Run-time error '9' Subscript out
of range (which i think means, there is no worksheet with that name)

Thanks for any and all replies

Ironhydroxide

Don Guillett

Selecting different Worksheets from a Loop

Does this help?

Sub dosheets()
For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count
Sheets(i).Select
MsgBox ActiveSheet.Name
Next i

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"ironhydroxide" wrote in message
I am trying to select worksheets within a Loop function where the worksheet
changes every time. I thought one could use a String in place of the
Worksheets("worksheet name")
But apparently i am wrong because i get a Run-time error '9' Subscript out
of range (which i think means, there is no worksheet with that name)

Thanks for any and all replies

Ironhydroxide

ryguy7272

Selecting different Worksheets from a Loop

Post your code, or try this:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

You need something like this...
For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets

Next

HTH,
Ryan---
--
Ryan---

"ironhydroxide" wrote:

I am trying to select worksheets within a Loop function where the worksheet
changes every time. I thought one could use a String in place of the
Worksheets("worksheet name")
But apparently i am wrong because i get a Run-time error '9' Subscript out
of range (which i think means, there is no worksheet with that name)

Thanks for any and all replies

Ironhydroxide

ironhydroxide

Selecting different Worksheets from a Loop

Thanks. i realized that i was using worksheets and not sheets (i ran into
this same problem not 6 months ago, but then i stopped using excel and didnt
have to program, so i lost it.

Thanks.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Does this help?

Sub dosheets()
For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count
Sheets(i).Select
MsgBox ActiveSheet.Name
Next i

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"ironhydroxide" wrote in message
I am trying to select worksheets within a Loop function where the worksheet
changes every time. I thought one could use a String in place of the
Worksheets("worksheet name")
But apparently i am wrong because i get a Run-time error '9' Subscript out
of range (which i think means, there is no worksheet with that name)

Thanks for any and all replies

Ironhydroxide

Don Guillett

Selecting different Worksheets from a Loop

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"ironhydroxide" wrote in message
Thanks. i realized that i was using worksheets and not sheets (i ran into
this same problem not 6 months ago, but then i stopped using excel and
didnt
have to program, so i lost it.

Thanks.

"Don Guillett" wrote: