-   -   Application.ScreenUpdating broken? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/428554-application-screenupdating-broken.html)

SDenton

Application.ScreenUpdating broken?

excel 2003 macro has worked fine for years.
calculates a specific range and copies that to another file before save
event.
Now all of a sudden the Application.ScreenUpdating = False isn't working
which was used to hide activation of ranges, copy and writing. Any
guesses what I should be looking for that would inhibit this behavior
which used to work fine?

Thanks
Scott

Jim Cone[_2_]

Application.ScreenUpdating broken?

Maybe...
You added to or changed some of the code.
You incorporated the code into or are calling it from some other code.
You are running the code on a different machine/different Excel version.
The code is called by an Event that changes something.
Note: ScreenUpdating is automatically reset to True at code completion.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"SDenton"
wrote in message
excel 2003 macro has worked fine for years.
calculates a specific range and copies that to another file before save
event.
Now all of a sudden the Application.ScreenUpdating = False isn't working
which was used to hide activation of ranges, copy and writing. Any
guesses what I should be looking for that would inhibit this behavior
which used to work fine?
Thanks
Scott

SDenton

Application.ScreenUpdating broken?

In article ,
xx says...
Maybe...
You added to or changed some of the code.
You incorporated the code into or are calling it from some other code.
You are running the code on a different machine/different Excel version.
The code is called by an Event that changes something.
Note: ScreenUpdating is automatically reset to True at code completion.

The code does change something, because it is called on the before save
event. Would that be a cause?

It copies some values from a sheet to a simple csv file externally,
which is used by another application.

Nothing has changed that I am aware, as I know I haven't changed any
code.

Thanks for the ideas. I have looked at all of these and that is what is
baffling.

It has worked for 5 years.

Thanks
Scott