-   -   dynamic range question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/428540-re-dynamic-range-question.html)

Jacob Skaria

dynamic range question

Suppose you have the data in A15:C17
A1=U
B1 = 10
In C1 use the below formula

=INDEX(C15:C17,MATCH(A1&B1,A15:A17&B15:B17,0))

Please note that this is an array formula. Within the cell in edit mode (F2)
paste this formula and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to apply this formula. If
successful in the Formula Bar you can notice the curly braces at both ends
"{=<formula}"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Sigmanut" wrote:

'
' Given a spreadsheet like this:
' A B C
'15 U 10 10
'16 U 7 12
'17 U 4 14
'
'In a new sheet or at least above row 12, insert the contents of column C
into the cell addressed by cells A & B.
'So the contents of U:10 is 10, U:7 is 12 and U:4 is 14.
I cannot remember how to do this and I cannot remember what this kind of
process is called when the range values come from the data.
Thanks..........