-   -   Disable formula Bar in Option Menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/428288-disable-formula-bar-option-menu.html)

[email protected]

Disable formula Bar in Option Menu

Hi,
how can disable the option "Formula Bar" in the Tools - Options -...?
I already used this:
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl(ID:=849,
Recursive:=True).Enabled = False
but it's not enough...

Thanks in advance

Bye
BlackSun

Peter T

Disable formula Bar in Option Menu

Application.DisplayFormulaBar = false/true

Regards,
Peter T

wrote in message

how can disable the option "Formula Bar" in the Tools - Options -...?
I already used this:
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl(ID:=849,
Recursive:=True).Enabled = False
but it's not enough...

Thanks in advance

Bye
BlackSun

Hi,
yes I did it but if I choose Tools - Options - I can flag the "Formula
Bar" option and it show again.
I would like to disable that option

Thanks.

BlackSun

Peter T

Disable formula Bar in Option Menu

Not sure I follow what you mean by "I can flag the Formula Bar option and it
show again". Are you saying you want to disable the option in Options/View.
AFAIK that's not possible unless you disable the Options dialog entirely.
One workaround would be to sub-class the Options button and intercept its
click event, call an ontime macro to set the option to your requirements
when the Options dialog is dismissed.

Regards,
Peter T