Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default For Rick Rothstein

Hope this gets to you, it was yesterday I posted, but had to wait until now
to get back with you------scroll down

MY QUESTION
I figured out how to add a calendar control to my excel spreadsheet.
For example, when I click in cell B7, the calendar appears, I click on a
November 11, the date of 11/11/08 gets entered into cell B7, and the
calendar
disappears. This works Fine. However, what I would like to be able to
set
up
is when the person clicks on November 11, the date of November gets
entered
into cell B7 AND the corresponding weekday (in this case, Tuesday) gets
automatically entered into the cell next to it, C7.
i.e. cell B7 returns the DATE
cell C7 retunrs the DAY of week
The calendar control is in column B - Range B7:B56

YOUR ANSWER
You can use the TEXT function to return the day name directly (and without
the need for the Analysis ToolPak)...

=TEXT(B7,"dddd")

Rick (MVP - Excel)

MY NEXT QUESTION

Rick, thanks for your answer. This is a very simple answer to this question,
however, when I insert the formula, then copy and paste for the range in the
column, it displays the SAME day of the week for the entire column, until I
use the calendar control and actually click on a date I have picked. I would
like to have the cell return a BLANK, until I use the calendar control and
click on a date, then enter the correct DAY of the week in the cell.

Thanks for your time, Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See my reply at your original thread.

Best to stay with one thread for continuity and clarity.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP