-   -   range shift (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/428118-range-shift.html)

greg

range shift

Hello,
I have a strange question.

I have a sheet. call it test1
I have a range of a table. lets say B4 to G20. named "MyTable"
I have a range in the column C named "myCcolumn"

If I do this

Set TempRange = Worksheets("test1").Range("MyCColumn")
level_number = TempRange.Column

then level_number = 3. because its C

If I loop rows through the table. If I want to read the level_number
column, I will be off.
Because I am getting the column based on the sheet. not based on the table.

I tried to get the column number like this

Worksheets("test1").range("MyTable").Range("MyCCol umn")
but excel does not like this.

Is there a way to get the column based on the MyTable area?

thank for any help.

Jacob Skaria

range shift

Try with another range..within the table..Say

With Worksheets("sheet1")
MsgBox .Range("F1").Column - .Range("MyTable").Column + 1
End With

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"greg" wrote:

thank,
But I would like to do it without adding the 1 shift.

is there a way to do range in this range ?
somehow?

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message
Do you mean column number with reference to the table

With Worksheets("Test1")
MsgBox .Range("MyCColumn").Column - .Range("MyTable").Column + 1
End With

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria