-   -   How do you run an add-in? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/428003-how-do-you-run-add.html)

Paul E Collins

How do you run an add-in?

I have put a macro together (see: "Open a CSV how God meant it"; thanks,
Tim) and I need it to be a command that users can run without messing about
opening a special worksheet. Ideally it would be a toolbar button or
something.

I saved it as an addin (*.xla) and placed it in my AddIns directory. It does
now appear in the Tools AddIns list. But how do I use it? How do I run
that macro? It isn't in the macro list.

Thanks.

Eq.

Jim Thomlinson

How do you run an add-in?

My preference is to create a toolbar. To that end however it depend what
version of XL you are running. In 2007 they started using the Ribbon.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson