-   -   Calendar Popup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/427997-calendar-popup.html)

NFL

Calendar Popup

I have a calendar object referenced to cell E1. I also have the window
freeze panes locked at row 8. Is there a way I can have the calendar popup
appear below row 8? The problem I'm facing is that the last 2 weeks of any
given month can not be selected because the object crosses below row 8.

Thank you for your help

Jim Thomlinson

Calendar Popup

By calendar object what exactly are you referring to. I am going to assume
the Microsoft Month View Control from the Control toolbox. Have you tried
switching to a date time picker control? It does not seem to have an issue
with freezing.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"NFL" wrote:

I have a calendar object referenced to cell E1. I also have the window
freeze panes locked at row 8. Is there a way I can have the calendar popup
appear below row 8? The problem I'm facing is that the last 2 weeks of any
given month can not be selected because the object crosses below row 8.

Thank you for your help

NFL

Calendar Popup

It appears the same, but I went to the 'Insert', 'Object', from the menu bar
and picked the calendar from there. Are the codes written different for the
date time picker?

Thank you,

"NFL" wrote:

I have a calendar object referenced to cell E1. I also have the window
freeze panes locked at row 8. Is there a way I can have the calendar popup
appear below row 8? The problem I'm facing is that the last 2 weeks of any
given month can not be selected because the object crosses below row 8.

Thank you for your help

Ron de Bruin

Calendar Popup

You can change the position of the calendar in the code if you want
Show me the code that you use now

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"NFL" wrote:

I have a calendar object referenced to cell E1. I also have the window
freeze panes locked at row 8. Is there a way I can have the calendar popup
appear below row 8? The problem I'm facing is that the last 2 weeks of any
given month can not be selected because the object crosses below row 8.

Thank you for your help

NFL

Calendar Popup

This code works only on Cell E1. Every time I click on that cell, the
calendar will appear directly below Cell E1. Is there a way to have the
calendar appear below row 8?

Private Sub Calendar1_Click()
ActiveCell.Value = CDbl(Calendar1.Value)
'ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy"
ActiveCell.Select
Calendar1.Visible = False

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not Application.Intersect(Range("E1"), Target) Is Nothing Then
Calendar1.Left = Target.Left + Target.Width - Calendar1.Width
Calendar1.Top = Target.Top + Target.Height
Calendar1.Visible = True
' select Today's date in the Calendar
Calendar1.Value = Date
ElseIf Calendar1.Visible Then Calendar1.Visible = False

"NFL" wrote:

I have a calendar object referenced to cell E1. I also have the window
freeze panes locked at row 8. Is there a way I can have the calendar popup
appear below row 8? The problem I'm facing is that the last 2 weeks of any
given month can not be selected because the object crosses below row 8.

Thank you for your help

Ron de Bruin

Calendar Popup

Hi NFL

Use this to display it below row 8

Private Sub Calendar1_Click()
ActiveCell.Value = CDbl(Calendar1.Value)
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy"
ActiveCell.Select

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not Application.Intersect(Range("E1"), Target) Is Nothing Then
Calendar1.Left = Target.Left + Target.Width - Calendar1.Width
Calendar1.Top = Target.Offset(7, 0).Top + Target.Height
Calendar1.Visible = True
' select Today's date in the Calendar
Calendar1.Value = Date
ElseIf Calendar1.Visible Then Calendar1.Visible = False

You can use it for more cells also

Note: You can use this if your range is not one area
If Not Application.Intersect(Range("A1:A20,C1,E1"), Target) Is Nothing Then