Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VLOOKUP to find a value that falls between a range?

Hi, How do you format a VLOOKUP to lookup something like a student's grade.
Next to each score I want a use VLOOKUP to return "A", "B", "C" etc.

Scores
--------
92
73
87
89
etc.

Lookup Table
---------------
100 90 A
89 80 B
79 70 C
69 60 D
59 50 F
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hI,

You build a lookup table like the one below and then use

=VLOOKUP(C1,A1:B6,2,TRUE)

Where C1 is the mark. Note I included an unclassified mark but you don't
actually need this.

0 U
50 F
60 D