-   -   object browser, and adding and deleting charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/427459-object-browser-adding-deleting-charts.html)

Keith

object browser, and adding and deleting charts

Hello,
In the Charts collection, there is an Add function.
In the object browser, the add function is described as follows€¦

Function Add([Before], [After], [Count]) As Chart

By doing some experimenting with code text I learned that when using €śAdd€ť I
can also specify a name for a chart if I use the following text which is not
shown in the Object browser, and does not show up as a prompt when I enter
the text.

Chart_Name_for_My_New_Chart = €śMyChart1€ť
Charts.Add.Name = Chart_Name_for_My_New_Chart

I tried the same approach with Charts.Delete, without success.

I tried€¦

Chart_Name_for_My_Old_Chart = €śMyChart1€ť
Charts.Delete.Name = Chart_Name_for_My_Old_Chart

So this brings me to two questions.
First, how might I have discovered the Charts.Add.Name code language using
the documentation or the object browser, and

Second, is there any corresponding, but seemingly undocumented code I can
use with Charts.Delete to delete one specific chart?

Thanks very much.

Keith

joel

object browser, and adding and deleting charts

Keith: Your double quotes aren't compatible with the US version of excel. I
think it is due to the fact you are using one of the internation versions of
excel. The code below will add and then delete your chart.

Chart_Name_for_My_New_Chart = "MyChart1"
Charts.Add
ActiveChart.Name = Chart_Name_for_My_New_Chart

Set mychart = Charts("MyChart1")

mychart.Delete

"keith" wrote:

[...]

HI Joel,