-   -   Scantron -- Fill in bubbles (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/426888-scantron-fill-bubbles.html)

dgold82

Scantron -- Fill in bubbles

I am trying to make a worksheet that mimicks a scantron on a standardized
test. I would like to have bubbles with letters in them and when a bubble is
clicked it sends that letter to a regular cell. so it would look something
like this: (a) (b) (c) (d) for question #1. When (a) is clicked it sends the
"A" to a cell on a seperate sheet for calculation purposes.

Bernie Deitrick

Scantron -- Fill in bubbles

Use a userform, with radio (option) buttons on frames- one frame per question, 4 option buttons per
frame. Use the click event of the option button to set the value in an appropriate cell.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"dgold82" wrote in message
I am trying to make a worksheet that mimicks a scantron on a standardized
test. I would like to have bubbles with letters in them and when a bubble is
clicked it sends that letter to a regular cell. so it would look something
like this: (a) (b) (c) (d) for question #1. When (a) is clicked it sends the
"A" to a cell on a seperate sheet for calculation purposes.

dgold82

Scantron -- Fill in bubbles

Thanks. I have been playing around with userforms after your suggestion and
they complicated! I have a worksheet filled with radio buttons that would
actually look nice in a userform but converting the worksheet into a userform
would take forever.