-   -   I need a variable name to contain the values of several cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/426358-i-need-variable-name-contain-values-several-cells.html)

Rich

I need a variable name to contain the values of several cells

I need a variable name to contain the values of several cells.
For example, If the value of cell A2 = "J10" and the value of cell B1 = "2",
I need a variable named "J10-S2". I will be creating a series of these
variable names from cells A2-A40 and B1-H1.

The value assigned to each of these variables will be the value of the cell
at the intersection of these cells. The value of the variable "J10-S2" will
be the value of cell B2. I can handle this part of the problem...I'm just
drawing a blank on creating and intiializing the variable name.

Can anyone get me started?

ryguy7272

I need a variable name to contain the values of several cells

Ok, look here for some info. on named ranges:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/named.htm

Chip shows you how to have dynamically expanding ranges too. If you don't
know what that is, you will learn, and soon you'll wonder how you ever lived
without such a convenience.

HTH,
Ryan---

--