-   -   Capturing YES/NO from two option buttons (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/426094-capturing-yes-no-two-option-buttons.html)

Memphis

Capturing YES/NO from two option buttons

Not really sure if the Subject line will match my question.
I have a bunch of options buttons in an excel worksheet. I used the control
toolbox option buttons and in in caption i entered YES and NO according to
the option buttons. I linked the value to a cell in another worksheet that
will capture the value of the option button when checked. I grouped the
YES/NO buttons and when I click one button the other one looses its black
dot, and so on.
Basically I need to know how I can capture the value of the answer in a cell.
I tried this formula on a cell in the capture sheet
"=IF(C2="TRUE","YES","NO")"
But when the value of C2=TRUE the answer is NO, and if it is FALSE, the
answer is still NO. HElp. I am going in circles.. Thankyou.

Harald Staff[_2_]

Capturing YES/NO from two option buttons

Hi

Remove the qoutes around "TRUE". "TRUE" is a word, TRUE is a logical value,

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Memphis" wrote in message
Not really sure if the Subject line will match my question.
I have a bunch of options buttons in an excel worksheet. I used the
control
toolbox option buttons and in in caption i entered YES and NO according to
the option buttons. I linked the value to a cell in another worksheet that
will capture the value of the option button when checked. I grouped the
YES/NO buttons and when I click one button the other one looses its black
dot, and so on.
Basically I need to know how I can capture the value of the answer in a
cell.
I tried this formula on a cell in the capture sheet
"=IF(C2="TRUE","YES","NO")"
But when the value of C2=TRUE the answer is NO, and if it is FALSE, the
answer is still NO. HElp. I am going in circles.. Thankyou.

ryguy7272

Capturing YES/NO from two option buttons

Try this:
=IF(C2=TRUE,"YES","NO")

Drop four quote marks.

HTH,
Ryan---
--
Ryan---

"Memphis" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you so much for your response, this was what I needed.