-   -   Obtain User ID (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/426081-obtain-user-id.html)

al

Obtain User ID

Using Visual Basic in Excel, how do I obtain the user ID of the user opening
the file?

Rick Rothstein

Obtain User ID

Are you looking for this?...

Application.UserName

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"AL" wrote in message
Using Visual Basic in Excel, how do I obtain the user ID of the user
opening
the file?

Charlotte E

Obtain User ID

Using Visual Basic in Excel, how do I obtain the user ID of the user
opening the file?

http://www.EXCELGAARD.dk/Lib/UDFs/USERINFO/

Chip Pearson

Obtain User ID

Use

Environ("Username")

This returns the Windows user name.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:24:01 -0700, AL
wrote:

Using Visual Basic in Excel, how do I obtain the user ID of the user opening
the file?

Jacob Skaria

Obtain User ID

Few more.

If you want to check the domain and user name use the below ...

'-----Retrieve Domain Name
' Reference Active DS Type Library Tools|Reference
Dim strAD As New ADSystemInfo
strDomainname = strAD.DomainShortName

'-----Get User Name
Set objNet = CreateObject("WScript.NetWork")
strUserName = Trim(objNet.UserName)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria