-   -   Data Validation doesnt work with Copy/Paste (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/425737-data-validation-doesnt-work-copy-paste.html)

xmux

Data Validation doesnt work with Copy/Paste

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with my datavalidation on excel, i did the columns
where i need data validation and it works perfectly when i tip the
things.. but if i dont tip and just copy paste from somewhere the
datavalidation doesnt check anymore! how can i check it again?

Thanks

Barb Reinhardt

Data Validation doesnt work with Copy/Paste

THe data validation probably stops working because you are overwriting the
cells when you paste. Try paste special values and see if it does what you
wnat.