-   -   Excel 2007 hangs on programmed file close (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/425445-excel-2007-hangs-programmed-file-close.html)

Richard MG

Excel 2007 hangs on programmed file close

I am working in Excel 2007 with SP1. I have a workbook with VBA that works
fine except that the Module that closes the workbook, using
ActiveWorkbook.Close, hangs Excel when run. If I step through the code it
closes normally and Excel doesn't hang.

The same workbook running in 2003 works fine.

What causes this and how do I stop it?

OssieMac

Excel 2007 hangs on programmed file close

Can you post the code you are using and then it can be assessed/tested?

OssieMac

"Richard MG" wrote:

I am working in Excel 2007 with SP1. I have a workbook with VBA that works
fine except that the Module that closes the workbook, using
ActiveWorkbook.Close, hangs Excel when run. If I step through the code it
closes normally and Excel doesn't hang.

The same workbook running in 2003 works fine.

What causes this and how do I stop it?

Ron de Bruin

Excel 2007 hangs on programmed file close

I think that this is your problem

See the last section on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/shape.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Richard MG" wrote in message ...
I am working in Excel 2007 with SP1. I have a workbook with VBA that works
fine except that the Module that closes the workbook, using
ActiveWorkbook.Close, hangs Excel when run. If I step through the code it
closes normally and Excel doesn't hang.

The same workbook running in 2003 works fine.

What causes this and how do I stop it?

Richard MG

Excel 2007 hangs on programmed file close

Thanks, Ron. Perfect! It worked just fine.