-   -   This must need some VB programming. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/425271-must-need-some-vbulletin-programming.html)

Tomkat743

This must need some VB programming.

"Tomkat743" wrote in message
what i am trying to do is have a formula or macro that can look in cell u4
then cell v4 then cell w4 and so on, if the cell contains a 1, 2 or -1
report the data in cell v1 to cell n4.

Each row has data from u to cs with about 500 rows of data. I have to parse
each row looking for all of the 1's or -1's or sometimes even a 2 or -2 then report the
value of the header row to one of 6 blank column rows n to s. There is a
maximum of 6 codes allowed per row hence the 6 blank column rows to show
data. I am trying to parse a spreadsheet designed by someone else so changing
the original layout is not an option.

If when encountering a -1, -2 or 2 it could turn the reported data red or
put the minus sign in front of the reported data that would be great.

Thank you in advance for any help on this.