-   -   Launch a program from Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/425172-launch-program-excel.html)

Nigel

Launch a program from Excel

I am trying to call a batch file from within excel but cannot get the syntax
right

this is what I am using

Application.Run "c:\maxl\batch\inflation.bat"

syntax is wrong somewhere as it says it cannot find the macro

Michael Arch

Launch a program from Excel

Application.Run is for a macro. You probably want to use the Shell command:
Shell "c:\maxl\batch\inflation.bat"
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.