-   -   Referencing cells in another worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/425071-referencing-cells-another-worksheet.html)

lavery

Referencing cells in another worksheet

I have a similar question to "how to reset a value in a cell after another"
dated 2/5/2005 answered by Mike Fogleman, but with a twist. I need the
numbers to add together on a summary sheet while being input on another
sheet. The 2 worksheets I am working with have identical structures and the
"input" cell will always be summarized in the corresponding cell on the
"summary" sheet. The difficulty I am having is with the formula in the macro
that references the same cell in both sheets. For instance, if I plug input
into Worksheet 2 in cell B3, it must add this number to cell B3 in Worksheet
1. If I put a new number into Worksheet 2 in cell B47 it must add this
number to cell B47 in Worksheet 1.

I simply cannot find the correct formula to make this happen.

Thanks

joel

Referencing cells in another worksheet

This won't work because you will create a circular reference. Your solution
would require shaving tow worksheet change function (1 for each worksheet).
When one changed the cell location it would trigger the seond which would
again trigger the first.

You really need another column that contains the sum of both pieces of data.