-   -   Code lost when email to another site (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/424898-code-lost-when-email-another-site.html)

Hennie Neuhoff

Code lost when email to another site

Possibly not a question for this forum, however this is dryving me crazy!
On numerous instances I've sent a workbook to different sites, just to get
the message that the code [modules] is not attached. On two occations
I received workbooks without the code.
Any ideas/suggestions?

--
HJN

joel

Code lost when email to another site

The mail server is blocking atachments that may contain macros (possible
viruses). What I often do to get the file through is to change the extension
of the file. Usually the checking is only looking at files that can contain
a virus. Usually like a .jpg picture can't contain a virus and aren't
blocked. So I change the .Xls to .abc (any extension that isn't a standard
extension). and send the file. Then tell the reciever to change the
extension back to xls.