-   -   array error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/424830-array-error.html)

Shawn

array error

Here is the formula (entered as an array):
{=SUM((A1:A4=A2)*(B1:B4=B2)*C1:C4)}

Here is the table:

School Year NO. OF PHYSICALS
Jones 2008-2009 2
Sam 2008-2009
Alex 2008-2009

Why am I getting #Value instead of 2?

--
Thanks
Shawn

Mike H

array error

Shawn

Your including the header, try this

=SUM((A2:A4=A2)*(B2:B4=B2)*C2:C4)

we get an answer of 2

Mike

"Shawn" wrote:

Here is the formula (entered as an array):
{=SUM((A1:A4=A2)*(B1:B4=B2)*C1:C4)}

Here is the table:

School Year NO. OF PHYSICALS
Jones 2008-2009 2
Sam 2008-2009
Alex 2008-2009

Why am I getting #Value instead of 2?

--
Thanks
Shawn

Shawn

array error

I am still getting the #Value. I didn't include the header in the actual
formula, that was a typo in my post.
--
Thanks
Shawn

"Shawn" wrote:

Here is the formula (entered as an array):
{=SUM((A1:A4=A2)*(B1:B4=B2)*C1:C4)}

Here is the table:

School Year NO. OF PHYSICALS
Jones 2008-2009 2
Sam 2008-2009
Alex 2008-2009

Why am I getting #Value instead of 2?

--
Thanks
Shawn

Shawn

array error

By the way, I suspect it is some sort of formatting problem.???
--
Thanks
Shawn

"Shawn" wrote:

Here is the formula (entered as an array):
{=SUM((A1:A4=A2)*(B1:B4=B2)*C1:C4)}

Here is the table:

School Year NO. OF PHYSICALS
Jones 2008-2009 2
Sam 2008-2009
Alex 2008-2009

Why am I getting #Value instead of 2?

--
Thanks
Shawn

Shawn

array error

It is a formatting problem because we I manually retype duplicate enteries in
a seperate worksheet and use the exact same formula, it works??????
--
Thanks
Shawn

"Shawn" wrote:

Here is the formula (entered as an array):
{=SUM((A1:A4=A2)*(B1:B4=B2)*C1:C4)}

Here is the table:

School Year NO. OF PHYSICALS
Jones 2008-2009 2
Sam 2008-2009
Alex 2008-2009

Why am I getting #Value instead of 2?

--
Thanks
Shawn

Dave Peterson

array error

Maybe you have white space (like those HTML non-breaking spaces) in C2:C4.