-   -   how do I convert number to text in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/424757-how-do-i-convert-number-text-excel.html)

Medegypt

how do I convert number to text in excel

Is there a ready file in excel can convert number to text

Luke M

how do I convert number to text in excel

Why not simply format the cell(s) to "text"?
Or, if using formulas,
=TEXT(A2)
would turn whatever number is in A2 into a text value.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Medegypt" wrote:

Is there a ready file in excel can convert number to text

Tom Hutchins

how do I convert number to text in excel

Do you mean you want something that will spell out numbers (for printing
checks,e tc.)? If so, you could use Longre's morefunc.xll which is free at
http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/
The number spelling function is called NBTEXT.

Or, Microsoft has instructions to create your own SPELLNUMBER function he
http://support.microsoft.com/default...23120121120120

If you are new to user-defined functions (macros), this link to Jon
Peltier's site may be helpful:
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...e-elses-macro/

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Medegypt" wrote:

Is there a ready file in excel can convert number to text

mdmackillop[_43_]

how do I convert number to text in excel

Assuming you mean 1 to One have a look 'here'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360)

--
mdmackillop
mdmackillop's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=113