-   -   Need help getting data from large table (get pivot data?) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/424644-need-help-getting-data-large-table-get-pivot-data.html)

MikeZz

Need help getting data from large table (get pivot data?)

Hi,
I have a table that is about columns by up to 65k rows.
I have a pivot table based on this giant table.

I am looking for a quick way to get summary data if I'm searching up to 15
specific columns out of a possible 30....
The 30 are the total possible columns I may want to search but I would only
need to search a max of 15 columns for any given operation. The problem is
that those 15 could be different each time.

I currently use macros to change autofilters have a Subtotal(109,...)
formula and get that value but this is very slow.

I was wondering if there is a way to extract this data using something like
Get Pivot Data....

Again the difficulty is that I may need to filter on up to 15 columns at a
time but those 15 columns might be different each time.
My understanding of Pivot Tables is that you have to pre-build a pivot and
then look for data in the pre-exisiting table. This wouldn't work for me
because I can't have a pivot with 30 column fields open.

If this doesn't make sense, please let me know.
Thanks for any help,
MikeZz

Bernie Deitrick

Need help getting data from large table (get pivot data?)

Mike,

You can construct a formula like this, where you want to sum of NumData from
the pivot table starting in cell A3 sheet SheetPT, where Field1 is "Entry 1"
and Field2 is "a value"

=GETPIVOTDATA("NumData",SheetPT!$A$3,"Field1","Ent ry 1","Field2","a value")

You can see the syntax by selecting a blank cell, typing =, and selecting a
cell from the privot table.

You can also use cell references like so:

=GETPIVOTDATA("Value3",Sheet4!$A$3,A1,B1,A2,B2)

where cells A1:B2 contain

Field1 Entry 1
Field2 a value

HTH,