-   -   Check if file exists on FTP server? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/424607-check-if-file-exists-ftp-server.html)

Richard Edwards[_2_]

Check if file exists on FTP server?

Morning all,
I would like to be able to check if a file exists on an FTP server and do
something if it does and nothing if it doesn't,

I have no idea if this is possible in VBA or if it is the best solution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rich

Dick Kusleika[_4_]

Check if file exists on FTP server?

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:18:53 -0000, "Richard Edwards"
wrote:

Morning all,
I would like to be able to check if a file exists on an FTP server and do
something if it does and nothing if it doesn't,

I have no idea if this is possible in VBA or if it is the best solution.

Any suggestions?

Rich

Read this http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...9/ftp-via-vba/

It creates a batch file that does the ftp business, then runs it. You'll
need to figure out what would be in the batch file to detect the existence
of a file (I'd tell you but I don't know) then adjust the code.
--
Dick Kusleika
Microsoft MVP-Excel